Whether you have long hair or short, curly or straight, having a luscious lock is like a dream come true. This is due to the sole reason of our busy and chemically affected lifestyle which has ruined the quality in our hair.
Every lady is nowadays combating with several hair problems. Dry and damaged hair is the most nerve-wracking problem these days.
Some of us are even born with dull, dry, and frizzy hair by nature, unfortunately. And those who were gifted with healthy, lustrous hair, dryness in hair are somehow inevitable for them as well.
Let’s have a look on the reasons which usually make your hair dry and damaged.
Reasons For Dry And Damaged Hair
Your hair can turn out to be damaged for a variety of reasons. Some prime every day causes include
- Excessive washing with harsh alcohols and soaps,
- Exposure to dry and hot climate,
- Ease of heating tools like blow dryers,
- Excessive styling,
- Exposure to harmful ultraviolet (UV) sun rays
- swimming in chlorinated water,
- Lack of moisture in the hair,
- Use of chemical treatments,
- Friction due to sleeping on cotton pillowcases,
- And most importantly stress.
Must Read: How to remove facial hair naturally
When your hair is constantly battered by the heat generating styling tools, conditioning chemical treatments, and pollution, then it is quite impossible to maintain the luster in hair.
You can also be a prey to dry and damaged hair due to some medical conditions like underactive thyroid, malnutrition, genetic problems, and anorexia nervosa.
Although trimming is one of the best ways to get rid of damaged hair, but it cannot help in repairing dry hair. For this, you need to try some natural, safe and effective home remedies for dry hair which can help repair your dull and lifeless hair.
But one of the bitter truths is that your damaged hair cannot be repaired instantly. These natural home remedies for dry hair take the time to work in depth.
Here, we present effectively best home remedies for dry hair.
Best Dry Hair Home Remedies
- Egg, Honey and Yogurt hair mask
This is the most effective at home remedies for dry hair. Egg yolk is rich in fats and proteins. It is also a natural moisturizer as the egg white contains the bacteria-eating enzymes that remove unwanted oils, hence moisturizes dry and brittle hair well. If you are looking for home remedies for dry hair using egg then it is the one to pick fast.
Must Read: How to care split hair
Furthermore, the protein in yogurt will make your hair strands stronger from the roots and add extra shine, without removing its natural moisture.
Beat two raw eggs in a medium-sized bowl. Add one tablespoon of honey and two tablespoons of yogurt. Mix until you get a smooth, creamy paste. Apply this mixture to your hair and leave it on for at least 20 minutes. Wash with cool water.
This hair mask will leave your hair feeling conditioned without making it sticky. This is the perfect treatment for hair oily at the roots and dry at the tips.
- Rice Milk and Honey hair mask
It is one of the easy home remedies for dry and damaged hair. If your hair is dull and dry, this mask is one of the best home remedies for dry frizzy hair as it will restore shine and nourish your hair better than anything.
Honey is an amazing natural emollient that seals moisture in your hair shafts.
Take a cup of rice milk and add two teaspoons of honey. In a bowl, mix the ingredients until it is consistent. Spread the mixture over your hair and allow it to sit for 10-15 minutes and then rinse it off. This is an outstanding way to get lustrous hair in minutes. You will also love the smell of your hair once it’s dry.
- Apple Cider Vinegar, Olive Oil, and Egg Mask
Put the life back into your limp or damaged hair with this terrific home remedy. When you look for dry hair home remedies olive oil comes in first. With brilliant benefits on hair, olive oil is a good nourishing agent.
Combine 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar with 2 tablespoons olive oil and 3 egg whites. Mix well all the ingredients then rub the mixture into your hair. Keep your hair covered for about a half hour using plastic wrap or a shower cap. Then rinse it off with shampoo. The results would amaze you.
- Aloe Vera- Great Damage Repairer
Aloe vera is good for repairing dry and damaged hair. Actually, aloe vera serves as one of the proven home remedies for dry hair with curd. Its humectant properties can soothe the hair shaft. Also, contents like enzymes, amino acids, and vitamins C and E in it are good for your hair.
- Apply some aloe vera juice or paste directly on your damaged hair. Leave it on for 10-15 minutes, and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
- On the other hand, mix 4 tbsp. of Aloe Vera gel, 2 tbsp. of coconut oil and 3 tbsp. of plain curd. Stir it well and apply it on your hair. Leave it for at least 30 minutes, and then rinse it off by washing your hair with a mild shampoo. Results are quite surprising.
You can follow either of these remedies once a week.
- Banana, Coconut Oil, and Honey Mask
I think you haven’t heard of home remedies for dry hair with banana. Actually, it not just tastes well, can help improve your hair quality as well by repairing damaged hair. The high potassium, natural oils, revitalizing vitamins, and wetness in bananas help soften your dry and damaged hair by improving its elasticity as well.
- Mash one ripen banana and apply it thoroughly into your hair. Leave it for hour, and then rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- On the other hand, prepare a hair mask by blending two overripe bananas with one tablespoon each of coconut oil, honey and olive oil in a mixer. Apply this paste on your hair, thoroughly and leave it on for 20 to 30 minutes. Then rinse it off with warm water.
You can repeat either of these remedies once or twice every week for better and quick results.
But applying these damaged and dry hair natural therapies is not enough. You need to follow some of the preventive measures. Have a look on them.
Helpful Hair Care Tips to Avoid Dry & Damaged Hair
- Condition your hair regularly, at least once in a week.
- Tea is natural hair shine and color enhancer, chamomile for blondes, black for brunettes.
- Enhance protein in hair by adding the egg in your shampoo, rinse after five minutes.
- Instead of rubbing your hair, wrap them up in a cotton towel to avoid come roughness.
- Never sleep with any sort of accessories in your hair.
- Rinse your hair with cold water, avoid very warm water.
- Do not wash your hair frequently with harsh chemical based shampoos.
- Never tie your hair tightly, especially before sleep.
- Avoid using a flat iron on wet hair for straightening purpose.
- Use a satin silk pillow instead of the cotton pillow while sleeping.
Dry and damaged hair is a common problem; however dealing with them is no more a serious issue. Out Mother Nature is filled with thousands of remedies for any sort of problem in your body. And a good way to start is to move ahead in your kitchen.
Here you can get all these worthwhile and natural hair care ingredients to make best home remedies for dry hair.
After using these remedies you will find results are like high-end hair treatments with none of the chemicals. While it may take longer to see expected results with these brittle and dry hair home remedies, but your hair will thank you in the long-term.
Jio Life Healthy cares for your health better than anything else. For making your hair lustrous and bouncy, we have come up with these damaged hair home remedies.
So, all you ladies who have been dying to know some of the best solutions for dry and damaged hair, did you get the all-time answer for your query?
Are you going to try any of them at home?
Well, only you could answer this. Feel free to share with us and if you have any other effective home remedies for dry and damaged hair, then don’t forget to mention in comments below.
Stay tuned for more skin and hair care tips and natural home remedies, and Jio Life Healthy!