Is your oily skin pushing you back from stepping outside in summers? Are you afraid of the all-time punishing temperatures in summers which make you sweat all the time and bring oil on your face any time? Do you feel that your oily skin is snatching your beauty in summers? Looking for some effective oily skin care tips in summers?
Well, oily skin is the most common problem faced by people in summers, especially females. The minute you step out of the house your face turns sweaty which is the prime reason for all sorts of skin problems.
However, you can get rid of this specific skin problem. Yes, you read it right that you can get rid of this oily and acne prone skin with some of the natural oily skincare tips for summer. We are here to present some of the effectively best oily skincare tips to you.
But before that, you must know the reasons which usually make your skin oily and acne prone.
Reasons for Oily Skin
- Genetics is the chief cause of an oily skin. When oily skin runs in the genes, the family members are more prone to this skin type which means it is simply unavoidable. A person having genetically oily skin is more likely to have clogged pores and breakouts.
- Excess use of chemical-based skincare products like for cleansing, exfoliating or scrubbing. People do this to have a smooth, clear skin but the results lead to an oily skin.
- Seasonal changes also affect skin type. Oil production on the skin usually upsurges with the rise of heat and humidity in weather like summers. In winter the skin becomes dry and gets dehydrated. The excess oil then compensates the loss.
- Women usually are prey to hormonal changes during pregnancy, post, and pre-menopause. This can kick sebaceous glands to secrete more oil in the skin.
- Stress these days is being the father of all human diseases. It is active in skin problems as well. Increased quantity of androgen hormones during stress lead to more oil production.
- Tanning temporarily dries out the skin. It actually causes the sebaceous glands to surge oil production in order to protect the skin surface.
These are some common reasons which led oily skin in females as well as males. It is quite challenging to manage your oily skin. However, there are some effective natural solutions to handle this problem positively.
Don’t get amazed! Now you don’t need to use expensive, chemical-based skincare products to get rid of this hateful skin problem. Here find some of the best face care tips for oily skin in summers.
Must Read: Home Remedies for Dry Skin
Best Oily Skincare Tips in Summers
- If you have oily skin use lukewarm water for cleansing as it dissolves oil more effectively than cold water. It washes away the dirt and impurities deposited on the skin and clear the skin pores.
- Regular cleansing is one of the best skin care tips for women with oily skin. Cleaning the face twice a day is enough, but don’t overdo it as it can over dry your skin. Do regular oily skin care at home.
- A gel based cleanser with salicylic acid, citric acid, and glycolic acid is good for oily skin. This helps in reducing dead skin cells which chock the pores and leads to pimple outbreaks.
- Exfoliating the skin is good for skincare but don’t do it too much. Scrubbing 2-3 times a week is enough for removing dead cells and blackheads. Overdoing strips the skin of its natural oils and moisture makes it dry.
- Yet another important oily skin care tips is the regular application of natural face masks. These help in soaking excess oil from the skin in a natural way and help remove harmful bacteria as well from the skin. Use a soothing homemade face mask once a week to soak up the excess oil from the skin. Homemade oily skin care tips are always effective.
- Go low on makeup just then this itchy and sweaty weather starts. Substitute the heavy makeup with tinted moisturizing creams. It also builds a fence between skin and heat.
- Control the habit of touching your face with hands. It is one of the reasons that transfer additional oil, dirt, and germs from your hands to your face. This good habit can do your oily skin care naturally.
- Use a toner to wipe the excess oil from areas like the forehead and around the nose. It is inseparable from regular oily skin care in summer. The astringent properties of the toner soothe the skin. It also shrinks open pores which help in regulating oil secretion.
- Avoid fried and fatty food or should be taken to the limit as they lead to excess oil secretion on the skin. Even consumption of sweet food items, items with high sugar content like carbonated drinks also surges the chances of excess oil and pimple formation on the skin.
- Multani Mitti, an all-time skin revitalizing agent is good to apply on oily skin. Make a smooth paste and apply on face and neck. Wait till it dries off completely then rinse it off.
All these tips need to be implemented on regular basis in summers. Apart from caring, you also need some effective homemade remedies to treat your oily skin naturally. We have brought up an assortment of the best in result natural remedies for oily skin here.
Natural Oily Skin Care Home Remedies for Summers
Banana, Milk and Oats Face Scrub
Banana is loaded with nutrients like vitamin A, B, and E along with potassium. All these contents help moisturize and hydrate the skin cells without making them oily. Milk on the other hand is the best natural moisturizer. It nourishes the skin in a gentle way. When mixed with oatmeal, this natural scrub becomes a great remedy that exfoliates the skin and clears dead cells and blackheads.
Mash banana, then add a tablespoon of milk and 2 tablespoons of oats to it. Mix it well and apply the mixture on clean face. Massage your face using circular motions for few minutes then leave it on for another 15 minutes. Wash your face off with lukewarm water. Repeat it twice a week for best results.
Oat Meal and Aloe Vera Scrub
Aloe Vera has always been a great remedy for skin problems as it contains salicylic acid that has strong anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and analgesic properties. All these properties help in controlling oily skin, cures acne and pimples. The anti-inflammatory properties also help in treating suntan and skin infections.
For making oatmeal and aloe vera scrub, take a handful of dry oats and mixes it thoroughly with some aloe vera gel. Then apply this paste on face and massage gently with your fingers in clock-wise and anti-clockwise direction. Continue the process for 3-5 minutes. Leave for 15-20 minutes and then rinse off with water. Repeating this once every week gives noticeable results.
After applying these rejuvenating scrubs your skin requires some soothing face masks. here find some of the soothing face masks.
Apple and Honey Face Pack
Honey is a natural toner that helps to add a soft and smooth texture to the skin. And Apple supplies the essential nutrients to sustain healthy and naturally glowing skin. Apples are rich in vitamins such as Vitamins A, B, and C which also act as natural toners, cleansers, and moisturizer for skin. Hence the facemask made with these helps in preventing greasiness of the skin.
Crush an apple and mix 3 tablespoons of honey in it. Apply this mixture on your clean face and leave for 20 minutes, then rinse it off with lukewarm water. Repeat this remedy on alternate days in a week for the fair and oil-free skin. This is unquestionably the most effective natural face mask for oily skin that removes excess oil without removing all the moisture.
Banana, Lemon, and Honey Face Pack
Lemon juice is a natural cleanser that helps remove oil from the skin. It is also helpful in lightening skin tone and age spots, removes blackheads as well. And now that the benefits and qualities of bananas and honey for oily skin have already been discussed earlier, let’s go through with the process of making banana and honey face mask.
Mix one banana with a tablespoon of honey and a teaspoon of lemon juice. Apply this mixture on your face and let it dry for 20 minutes. Remove the pack with a hot towel and rinse well with water. Repeat this natural homemade remedy 2 to 3 times every week for good results.
Tomato, Rice Flour and Honey Face Pack
Tomatoes are great for oily skin due to its properties of cooling and clearing. The natural oil-absorbing acids in tomatoes also help get rid of excess oil. Honey, as we have already discussed how helpful honey is in skin problems, is effective in oily skin.
Mix some fresh tomato juice with three teaspoons of rice flour and one teaspoon of honey. Then apply it on the whole face and oily areas in gentle circular motions. Leave it for few minutes and rinse it off. For better results, repeat it once a week.
Some Interesting Facts to know:
- Rose water and cucumber juice help to tone the skin.
- Neem, Turmeric, and sandalwood have antiseptic properties.
- Multani mitti and rice flour wipes out the excess oil from skin, control its secretion as well.
- Honey helps to heal scars and dark spots.
- Egg white tightens the skin.
- Almonds make your skin soft and smooth.
If you are tired of experimenting with various types of chemical cleansers and ointments which promise effective results, then all these natural remedies for oily skin care are for you. To clear the problem of oily skin from the root which is the prime reason for pimples and acne, these natural oily skincare tips are really helpful.
Now it’s time to forget those toxic chemicals. Try out these natural oily skincare tips in summers along with home remedies for oily skin as these boast of the nourishing goodness of nature.
Being concerned about your health and beauty, Jio Life Healthy tries to bring in the best for you always. Nothing can challenge the results to deliver by natural remedies. Hence, drive yourself more towards nature and its benefits and Jio life healthy.